Thor Trucks is a technology company working on solutions in the commercial freight and renewable energy sectors. We develop solutions that enable a new energy future free of fossil fuels. Currently, we are building safer, smarter, greener ways of transporting freight.
We are a small team that moves fast and is growing quickly. Ideal candidates at this stage are those who are excited about joining a young company, able to take on real responsibilities with limited oversight, have leadership experiences, and thrive on executing.
Thor is looking for a Machine Shop Intern to streamline production workflow in the shop. This is a great opportunity to provide direct assistance to lead engineers.
This role is ideal for candidates that are:
- Setting up and operating a variety of machine tools (bandsaw, welder, etc.)
- Fabricating and modifying parts to make or repair vehicle parts
- Automotive component safety testing
- Monitoring manufacturing processes
- Integrate Quality Assurance framework into inspection process
- Understanding of thermal and mechanical modeling
- Hands-on experience is a must
- Certified to drive a forklift is a plus
- Experience with power electronics and high/low voltage systems is a plus
- Experience with automotive environmental, reliability, and safety requirements is a plus
The Thor internship program is an opportunity for students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, consolidated bachelor’s/master’s degree program, master’s degree program, or PhD program.
You must be available to work a minimum of 15 hrs per week, for a minimum of 10 weeks. Compensation starts at $12/hour.