Thor Trucks is a technology company working on solutions in the commercial freight and renewable energy sectors. We develop solutions that enable a new energy future free of fossil fuels. Currently, we are building safer, smarter, greener ways of transporting freight.
We are a small team that moves fast and is growing quickly. Ideal candidates at this stage are those who are excited about joining a young company, able to take on real responsibilities with limited oversight, have leadership experiences, and thrive on executing.
Thor is looking for an Electrical Engineering intern to assist lead engineers with design, fabrication, and validation of pre/post-production systems. This is an opportunity to take on a dynamic role in a multidisciplinary team building a real product.
This role is ideal for candidates that are:
- Creating electrical schematics, such as building wiring diagrams
- Designing wire harnesses comfortably through bidirectional integration
- Utilize knowledge of circuit components to perform circuit analysis
- Work with DSPs, microcontrollers, and other programmable devices
- Be able to understand and draw schematics with at least one CAD tool
- Basic shop skills for hands-on construction
- Experience with power electronics and high/low voltage systems
- Experience with automotive environmental, reliability, and safety requirements is a plus
The Thor internship program is an opportunity for students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, consolidated bachelor’s/master’s degree program, master’s degree program, or PhD program.
You must be available to work a minimum of 15 hrs per week, for a minimum of 10 weeks. Compensation starts at $12/hour.