Thor Trucks is a technology company working on solutions in the commercial freight and renewable energy sectors. We develop solutions that enable a new energy future free of fossil fuels. Currently, we are building safer, smarter, greener ways of transporting freight.
We are a small team that moves fast and is growing quickly. Ideal candidates at this stage are those who are excited about joining a young company, able to take on real responsibilities with limited oversight, have leadership experiences, and thrive on executing.
Thor is looking for a Supply Chain / Operations Intern to absorb some of the rapidly changing responsibilities of the business development team. This is an opportunity to explore management within a fluid startup and tackle different projects every day.
This role is ideal for candidates that are:
- Developing, managing, and auditing processes for sourcing vehicle components
- Cultivating relationships with suppliers and making order requests
- Analyzing engineering drawings and specifications to determine physical requirements for material needs
- Researching suppliers globally
- Currently studying in a field related to Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in strategic sourcing and vendor negotiations is a plus
- Excellent with Microsoft Excel
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Must have superb internet research skills, as the job will require finding specific parts globally
- Must be comfortable picking up the phone and cold-calling potential suppliers
- Participation in Formula SAE or other automotive design competitions is a plus
- Must have a basic understanding of automotive and electric vehicles
The Thor internship program is an opportunity for students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, consolidated bachelor’s/master’s degree program, master’s degree program, or PhD program.
You must be available to work a minimum of 15 hrs per week, for a minimum of 10 weeks. Compensation starts at $12/hour.